Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010!!!!

It's 2010. How did that happen? Must have blinked.

As promised, Romancing History will, for the time being, be open for those wishing to have some accountablility. Christine? Kate? Are you out there?

As before with getting our GH entries ready, we'll work on a system of reporting our progress, status, and goals. No pressure, but beginning on 4 January 2010, it's time to do our ABC's (Apply Butt to Chair).

That said, anyone interested in joining us is welcome whether you are polishing or working on a draft. All that is required is a desire to be held accountable for the goals you publish at least weekly. This way, those of us polishing will be able to take our heads out of our work for a bit and, hopefully, divert ourselves enough for a fresh perspective without halting the writing process. Those who are in draft mode will have an opportunity to taste the editing phase (in the event this is their first attempt) or be diverted with benefits as well.

So, a new year, a new goal, a new challenge.

Everybody ready?

4 comments:

Christine said...

I'm here! I set my goals for the year down and am going to break the macro goals into month size micro goals later today or tomorrow. We're not tearing down the tree till next Sat. so I don't have to dust or clean up till the following week. DH has his hip replacement surgery Feb. 4, so I hope to be in first draft mode on the 5th book by that time so I can just plunk and write forward.

Happy new Year!

Gwynlyn said...

Happy New Year, Christine! I don't yet know when my sweetie's surgery will be---we hit the doc's on the 6th---but it looks like disruptions will abound. Thus the reason I blogged about Resolution vs Resolve with my 007 sisters at Nobody Writes it Better.

I have resolved to stay on track despite what life throws at me!

Lots to do. I guess I will have to do some promo to get a fe more folks in here, but like you, I'll be denuding the house right after Epiphany so am taking baby steps toward my goals at the moment.

Here's to us, doll. We who cannot be discouraged or denied.

Christine said...

Perhaps we will go through the surgeries together/
Looking forward to the NY!!

Gwynlyn said...

Perhaps we will go through the surgeries together . . .

Hah! Now wouldn't that be interesting? We'd commiserate while we composed. :-)